Lowering costs using dynamic simulation and analysis.
Xodus Group’s specialists deliver risk reduction and cost savings for the Al-Shaheen field.
Considered as one of the most complex offshore developments in Qatar, the Al-Shaheen field produces 300,000 bpd and is operated by Maersk Oil Qatar. National Petroleum Construction Company (NPCC) awarded Xodus Group a contract to analyse, under various operating scenarios, the overall control and operability of two new platforms in block 5.
- Dynamic simulation of separation, compression, fuel gas and heating medium systems
- Dynamic analysis of control systems
- Validate control valve sizing (including anti-surge valves)
- Rigorous blowdown analysis to determine maximum rates and minimum temperatures of areas where higher specification piping seems inevitable
- Dynamic models used to close-out Hazard and Operability Analysis (HAZOP) actions that could not be resolved using conventional calculations.
- Ratified control system for normal operating modes and ‘upset’ conditions; start-up, ramp-up, trips and shutdown
- Evaluated efficacy of final control elements for entire operating envelope of plant
- Determined minimum metal temperature and prevented expensive piping material specification.