Client: BG Norge
Location: Norwegian Sector
Detailed conceptual engineering study looking at concept selection for the development of the Bream field.
The study included an assessment of possible concepts and evaluation of facilities and technologies to meet technical challenges, such as high wax appearance temperature and pour point, fuel and lift gas deficiency, well artificial lift requirements, simultaneous water and gas injection (SWAG), and the supply of power including assessment of power from shore.
BG Norge wanted to complete the assessed and select design phase in a very ambitious timeframe, requiring mobilisation of a multidiscipline team with a flexible approach. Flow assurance, subsea, process and facilities engineers worked together to complete a fully integrated study and present robust design solutions. The study looked at a number of facility options including a subsea tie-back to existing facilities, MOPUstor jack-up with gravity based storage, FPSO with subsea wells (both subsea manifold and templates), or with a wellhead platform considering the potential requirement for ESPs for artificial lift.
A number of technical assessments were carried out where potential project risks were identified, such as the use of HSPs vs ESPs for artificial lift, stabilised crude storage vs live crude export, fuel gas import vs power import from shore and SWAG Injection configurations. CAPEX and OPEX reviews to were incorporated to ensure proposed solutions were economically sound. Assistance with the preparation of the clients ITT documentation was also provided.
- Facilities concept selection
- Subsea configuration
- Flow assurance
- Artificial lift study
- Oil export options selection
- Power supply assessment.
- Fully integrated flow assurance, subsea and topsides process and facilities engineering capability
- Technical expertise to identify technical challenges and propose robust engineering solutions
- Rapid mobilisation of a multidisciplined team using expertise across multiple offices
- Cost / risk analysis of various processing scenarios
- Client in-house to aid project delivery
- ITT document preparation and assistance.