Client: Premier Oil
Location: UK Continental Shelf
The Catcher Area Development is currently focused on three discoveries all located in Block 28/9 of the UK Continental Shelf; namely Catcher, Varadero and Burgman.
Reservoir pressure will be maintained by injecting water at full voidage replacement throughout field life. Artificial lift will be implemented from start-up. Oil will be exported by shuttle tanker and excess gas will be exported to FGL. The development will comprise 14 production wells and 8 water injection wells. An FPSO shall be located approximately equidistant from the Catcher, Varadero and Burgman drill centres and will be designed to receive and process flow from these fields. The FPSO will be ship-shaped. The FEED covered all aspects of the subsea system with the exception of the riser design. Verification analysis was also carried out.
- Flow assurance
- Pipeline mechanical and structural design
- Materials and corrosion assessment
- Design and specification of pipelines and tie-in systems
- Design review and validation analysis of riser systems
- Control system and umbilical design
- EPCI cost estimate
- Execute support during EPCI phase.
- Multidisciplined integrated service offering
- Full suite of subsea FEED engineering.
- Three FPSOs and three riser systems catered for during FEED
- Large number of risers and relatively shallow water depth led to challenging riser design
- Well count, well designations and riser quantities changed during FEED requiring rework
- Multiple third party operator crossings along gas export route with tie into existing third party infrastructure.