Client: E.ON Rhurgas UK Ltd
Location: UK Continental Shelf
Delivering a complete development solution.
Xodus Group’s integrated team completes an engineering project covering concept selection through to FEED and detailed design of the Huntington field.
The Huntington oil field is located in Block 22/14b in the UK sector of the North Sea in 91m of water. Operator E.ON Rhurgas UK Ltd and their partners identified a number of potential development options for the field and commissioned Xodus Group to conduct a development screening study aimed at establishing a development solution to take forward to the definition phase of the project cycle.
Xodus carried out preliminary process design activities and then developed various concepts (seven in total) to a level where cost estimates could be generated and feasibility issues assessed. Concepts were ranked against criteria such as safety, environmental impact, technical risk and flexibility and the output was used by the Huntington partnership to decide which concepts to take forward into the next phase.
A subsea tieback to the Sevan Voyageur Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel was selected as the preferred solution and Xodus was subsequently engaged to provide Front End Engineering Design (FEED) and detailed designs for the subsea structures. We were also selected to provide delivery management services with respect to flexible risers, flow lines and bend stiffener connection systems.
- Flow assurance
- Concept selection
- Materials and corrosion
- Pipeline design
- Riser analysis
- Control system design
- Structural design
- Singing riser (Flow Induced Pulsation (FLIP)) vibration analysis.
- Development screening study involving expertise from several teams and benefited from Xodus’ integrated approach
- Project developed as a subsea tieback to the Sevan Voyageur FPSO with the base case comprising four production wells and two water injection wells drilled from a single drilling centre 2km south of the Sevan Central Area Transmission System (CATS) pipeline
- Delivery of the flexible pipe products and bend stiffener connection systems including technical document reviews from vendors
- Delivery of an out-of-straightness (OOS) analysis following installation will help to ensure the correct amount of overburden on the pipeline prevents upheaval buckling.