Operator 1 required communications and power supply for their platforms that was provided from two Operator 2 operated platforms.
Power and communication was provided via a subsea composite cable that would be pulled through a J-tube and terminated topsides. Operator 2 required detailed engineering services of the J-tubes and support clamps for both platforms, as well as structural and electrical topsides modifications works.
- Offshore site survey and J-tube location assessment
- J-tube, DWS and subsea clamp analysis and design
- Topsides structural modifications (walkway destruct and extension)
- Electrical cable routing and design from JB to platform switchboard
- Structural design of installation A-frame, vessel outriggers and hang-off steelwork.
- Design of obscure DWS and subsea clamps (clamped to jacking teeth as opposed to traditional jacket brace)
- Experience with offshore installation operations in the Middle East
- Installation contractor during project.