Client: Venture Partnership
Location: Niger Delta
Showcasing our unique ability to apply multidisciplinary skills.
Xodus Group’s integrated team of specialists provide full field development planning and an infill drilling campaign for a mature field in the Niger Delta.
Xodus was asked to prepare a full Field Development Plan (FDP) for the redevelopment of a mature onshore oil and gas field in the Niger Delta. Ageing infrastructure, legacy practices and a lack of an Associated Gas (AG) solution limited field potential and presented operational, commercial, safety and environmental challenges. The last development activity in the field was carried out in 1999 and, more than forty years after production start-up, it remained a distinctly under-developed asset despite its relatively heavy oil.
Our integrated team, comprising Geoscience, Reservoir Engineering, Petrophysics, Process & Facilities, Flow Assurance, Production Technology and Wells specialists, conducted:
- Detailed geological studies
- Reservoir studies
- Reserves certification
- Detailed well design
- New facilities design
- Basis of Design (BOD) and Front End Engineering Design (FEED)
- Infill drilling programme
- Operational drilling support.
With the majority of the existing infrastructure having already exceeded its original design life, the field required a large scale phased redevelopment. Based on the technical work underpinning this FDP, a development that included a tripling in size of the facilities was proposed. This redevelopment also presented an opportunity to address and pursue a number of commercial, environmental, and reputational aspects, related to the treatment of produced water and AG, and was the first to propose an AG solution as well as a water management plan for this license block.
A five well infill drilling campaign was carried out between Q2 2014 and Q2 2015 with the drilling of well localities proposed in the FDP created by Xodus. This saw our dedicated asset team provide real-time support to the client during the drilling of these five horizontal wells, the first such wells to be drilled by the venture partnership.
- First seismic inversion study undertaken within the block
- Attribute driven modelling, capturing the stratigraphic features observed on seismic studies and incorporating these into the facies model
- Limiting environmental impact with plan to end flaring of produced gas, using AG from gas lift and export
- Detailed well design – first time venture partnership drilled horizontal wells
- Five wells successfully drilled on prognosis.