Client: SMart Wind Limited
SMart Wind Project One is located within the Round 3 Hornsea Zone, which located between 31 km and 190 km off the Yorkshire coast adjacent to the River Humber. SMart Wind was awarded the site in January 2010 by The Crown Estate as part of a competitive bidding process. The Zone has the potential to generate at least 4 GW of renewable energy through a phased development programme. Xodus supported the Project One development team, through secondment of personnel to support the EIA during 2011 - 2013.
In addition to the in-house support to the project development team, Xodus was also commissioned to undertake the following studies which contributed to the Project One EIA:
• Carbon Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) to determine the carbon life cycle emissions which will result from the construction, operation and decommissioning of the project. The analysis measured effect on the atmospheric environment with regard to Green House Gas (GHG) emissions throughout project life-time. The assessment included a carbon dioxide equivalent (CO2e) emission inventory, using the Xodus developed carbon LCA tool.
• Atmospheric emissions impact assessment.
- Secondment of Xodus staff into London based project development team
- Preparation of stakeholder management plan and Statement of Community Consultation
- EIA scoping
- Management of EIA tender process
- Management of EIA and community consultation support contracts
- Contribution to (project description and assessment of alternatives) and review of EIA for Project One
- Carbon life cycle analysis for the offshore wind farm
- Atmospheric emissions impact assessment
- Integration into project development team
- Key resource in the delivery of Project One stakeholder engagement and consents
- Provision of specialist studies to the EIA on atmospheric emissions and carbon life cycle analysis