FLNG / LNG Selection
Xodus Group provides experienced engineering and independent investment decision support services to the oil and gas industry.
Floating Liquefied Natural Gas (FLNG) is now providing a realistic development option for remote or previously stranded offshore gas reserves. However, many companies are finding the selection of an optimal gas monetisation concept, taking into account all parameters (subsurface through to market) and acquiring quality data and necessary insights for clear, robust, decision-making, a daunting task.
Xodus is an independent, international energy consultancy with an excellent track record of providing development planning and concept screening to support investment decisions. We offer a uniquely integrated service based on our ability to provide subsurface, wells, process and facilities, subsea, environmental and commercial support. Our highly experienced team of over 700 engineers and consultants provide extensive knowledge of the oil and gas asset lifecycle – from concept through to decommissioning.
Our experts provide technical, commercial and contractual advisory support as well as a comprehensive, independent technical due diligence support to aid investment decisions. In recent years we have helped numerous operators make critical investment and development strategy decisions for offshore gas assets. This has enabled us to gain deep insight into the key design and cost issues associated with FLNG and onshore Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) opportunities, in addition to alternative gas monetisation options.
Xodus is also able to call upon the extensive knowledge and experience of:
- Chiyoda Corporation (the majority shareholder in Xodus Group) – a global LNG player involved in Front End Engineering Design (FEED) and Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) for more than 40% of the world’s LNG plants as well as the design of three FLNG projects to date.
- Orwell Offshore – a leading team of naval architects, with whom Xodus has collaborated closely on several FLNG (and Floating, Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO)) projects.
Our City of London team is conveniently located for oil and gas companies and London based financial institutions, private investors, insurance companies and law firms.
Since 2005, Xodus has delivered over 3,500 technical and commercial projects. Recent FLNG / LNG focused support includes:
- Due diligence to support a decision regarding a farm-in opportunity in East Africa involving extensive upstream assets and onshore LNG
- Development plan investment decision support for FLNG in the Eastern Mediterranean
- Exploration and development planning (LNG / FLNG) for a small operator with a large West Africa asset.