Our clients are in the business of producing, not decommissioning so our service is geared to delivering the regulatory stability needed to navigate a project through to decommissioning execution.
Our track record in providing environmental, health and safety support for submissions covers:
- Decommissioning programmes (derogation and non-derogation cases)
- Comparative assessments
- Environmental Impact Assessments / Slimline Environmental Statements
- Preparation of Permits, Licences, Authorisations, Notifications and Consents (PLANC) registers for decommissioning
- Well plug and abandonment permits
- Safety case changes
- Decommissioning execution permits.
Regulation Planning and Execution Support
For Decommissioning Programme submissions to DECC in the UK, Xodus ensures that the right individuals from the right disciplines – engineering, technical safety, cost estimation, legal, environment and stakeholder liaison – provide input to the Comparative Assessment and Environmental Impact Assessment at the right time.
Xodus has 20 years’ experience in preparing PLANC registers. Our experts share their in-depth understanding of specific permitting and consenting requirements for projects including decommissioning with our clients.
One third of all UK oil and gas environmental permits are prepared by Xodus.
Of the four decommissioning permits submitted to the DECC in 2014 across the UK, the only two approved were prepared by Xodus. One involved a chemical permit for flushing of the oil export line along with topsides scopes, and the other a marine licence for debris removal and redistribution of cuttings at the base of a platform.
Xodus’ involvement with industry bodies informs the work we carry out for clients, for example our environmental team has worked with Oil & Gas UK for over a decade, keeping its environmental legislation website up-to-date since its launch in 1994.
Xodus does not simply guide clients through the motions to gain regulatory approval; we work towards a strategically beneficial decommissioning solution by influencing regulator and stakeholder expectations. We create a mindset that helps drive efficiency in decommissioning by supporting an integrated, ‘one team’ approach, challenging the norm, aligning with our clients’ goals and being receptive to change.
Previous experience includes:
- Marathon Brae field decommissioning environmental and societal support
- BG Group Comparative Assessment Guidelines
- BP Miller decommissioning EIA
- Shell and Centrica Decommissioning and Abandonment Permits
- Fairfield Survey Gap Analysis and Subject Matter Expert support.