Strategic planning for assets due to be decommissioned in the next 5 to 10 years.
With a Cessation of Production (CoP) date drawing nearer, operators and their non-operating partners need to focus on defining the decommissioning programme and recognise the value of early planning and preparation.
Efficiencies and opportunities to maximise value can only be realised through early planning and a seamless approach to transitioning from late life to decommissioning. Specialists at Xodus guide clients through the key inputs that ultimately have a significant positive bearing on risk reduction and cost savings.
Our experts have strategy planning experience covering straightforward assets such as small unmanned platforms through to more complex larger infrastructure with interconnecting pipelines and umbilicals.
Our early project involvement supports all aspects of decommissioning planning:
- Hydrocarbon removal (flare, vent and drains)
- Topsides cleaning and waste disposal
- Supporting utilities (power, air and water)
- Equipment re-use
- Safety critical elements and maintenance
- Pipeline cleaning
- Well plugging and abandonment
- Safety engineering (HAZID, Safety Case)
- Asset integrity
- Structural and removal options
- Environmental engineering (waste management, emissions, drill cuttings)
- Project management strategy (risk, stakeholder management, cost/schedule estimation, legacy/monitoring Issues)
- Comparative assessment.
We help clients to frame their decommissioning requirements, values and drivers by developing a Decommissioning Roadmap. Development normally begins at workshops that ensure early engagement with all relevant internal stakeholders and asset partners. Priorities, interfaces, what needs to be done, by who and when are all discussed and a collective understanding is drawn up.
Our technical specialists can facilitate workshops or attend as independent experts. Clients who invest time in workshops benefit from enhanced decision making and a collective understanding as the project progresses.
Engaging the supply chain at an early stage is a key enabler to reduce the cost of decommissioning. As an independent consultancy with experts across the different areas of decommissioning, Xodus has a unique overview of the market place and can match client requirements to our own and others’ technology and techniques. Our support role extends from early planning right through to implementation, offering cost savings resulting from continuity.
Previous experience includes:
- Tullow Thames Area – Full engineering review with concept selection feeding into the client’s Decommissioning Programme
- Shell Brent – Pipelines cleaning strategy and alignment with overall field decommissioning strategy and timing
- Centrica A-fields – Framing workshop independent expert.