Xodus’ agile, integrated solutions are ideally suited to supporting the expanding LNG and FLNG markets.
The Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and Floating Liquefied Natural Gas (FLNG) markets are growing rapidly and Xodus’ consultancy services are supporting developers in both. Our front-end expertise is deployed globally on:
- Feasibility and conceptual studies for mini and small scale LNG developments such as reconfiguring onshore import terminals to export smaller parcels of LNG
- Concept select studies for FLNG assets
- Specialist engineering support for onshore liquefaction plants, including vibration engineering, safety and risk management, environmental impact assessments.
Chiyoda, the major shareholder in Xodus Group, is a leading player in the LNG sector, both storage and liquefaction. Chiyoda has been involved in Front End Engineering Design (FEED) and Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) for numerous LNG projects worldwide. Its portfolio also includes FLNG projects. Xodus, through collaboration with and access to the expertise of Chiyoda, has extended its core business from upstream to midstream and the LNG market to offer front-end services.
Mini and small-scale LNG
Xodus supports liquefaction developments in the midstream market as a concept and pre-FEED study provider.
Xodus’ uniquely integrated capabilities span the full technical and commercial spectrum needed for early phase studies and operational support for LNG and FLNG projects.
- Flow assurance
- Process and facilities
- Vibration engineering
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- LNG process optimisation / cost-schedule verification
- Naval architecture / marine engineering – Xodus collaborates with leading naval architects on FLNG and FPSO projects.
Xodus helps clients to overcome the challenges that surround the selection of an optimal gas monetisation concept, taking into account all parameters (subsurface through to market), acquiring high quality data and providing the necessary insights for clear, robust, decision-making.
- Safety and risk management
- Environmental and social impact
- Gas and LNG market analysis
- Investment profiles and decision analysis.
Our expertise includes comprehensive, independent technical due diligence support to aid investment and strategy decisions for LNG and FLNG assets. As a result, we can share deep insight into the key design and cost issues associated with opportunities in this sector, in addition to alternative gas monetisation options.
- LNG regasification of terminal, UK
- Due diligence to support a decision regarding a farm-in opportunity involving extensive upstream assets and onshore LNG, East Africa
- Development plan investment decision support for FLNG, Eastern Mediterranean
- LNG and FLNG exploration and development planning, West Africa
- Process optimisation, safety related studies and reviews on vessel design parameters and mooring arrangement trade-offs for several prospective and in progress FLNG projects
- Vibration engineering in Qatar and Indonesia.