Managing noise and vibration in the environment.
Noise is considered a pollutant that can affect our health and quality of life. Biodiversity also needs to be preserved, by law through the Habitats Directive in the UK, and it is rare, anywhere in the world, for developers of industrial and energy related projects to be able to ignore the potential environmental noise impacts created by a new project.
The most cost-effective way to address these challenges is by ensuring that environmental noise and vibration are considered throughout the project lifecycle. From initial concepts and site selection through to the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), Front End Engineering Design (FEED) study and detailed design, consideration of noise and vibration impacts, and the ways to manage them, should form an integral part of the project process.
Having an integrated approach throughout the project life-span can avoid delays and additional costs on completion. Specialists at Xodus offer extensive experience and knowledge in assessing potential noise and vibration impacts on the human and natural environment. We help clients to steer a clear path through the related regulations, permitting and planning regimes.
- Preparation of specialist chapters for EIAs
- Expert witness for planning inquiries
- Input to FEED studies
- Negotiation with regulators
- Underwater noise investigations
- Noise considerations for Appropriate Assessments
- Planning and policy advice
- Detailed design for noise limitation and control
- Noise and vibration monitoring schemes
- Noise mapping and computer simulation.