Xodus Group offers advanced modelling and expert interpretation of results.
Our in-house modelling capability covers atmospheric emissions; gaseous and particulates, aqueous discharge, noise propagation and oil spill simulations, making use of our experienced staff and cutting-edge software such as, ADMS, CadnaA, OSCAR and DREAM. Geographical Information System (GIS) practitioners and software developers assist us in providing our bespoke web-based environmental products.
Our technical experts analyse a range of graphical, numerical and geospatial output, to provide engineers and environmentalists with a detailed understanding of the behaviour of a project’s actual or potential discharges to environment.
This approach can be applied to concept selection and Front End Engineering Design (FEED) stages of both new developments and brownfield projects to inform discussions on the reduction of project and corporate risk, whilst balancing operating and capital expenditure. The modelling can also be used to support project Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIAs), providing a detailed description of future environmental impacts for incorporation into the final assessment. During operational and decommissioning phases of a project, dispersion modelling may support applications for discharge permits and consents, provide quantitative information on the environmental aspects of brownfield modifications or demonstrate compliance with corporate standards. It can also provide invaluable input into incident investigations.
We offer a range of environmental modelling solutions in three broad areas:
- Aqueous dispersion modelling of solids and liquids
- Atmospheric dispersion modelling of gas releases
- Environmental airborne and underwater noise modelling.
We have an extensive track record with aquatic dispersion modelling supporting:
- Impact assessments of discharges to sea
- Hydrocarbon spill trajectory and stochastic modelling for both Oil Pollution Emergency Plans (OPEPs) and ESIAs
- Pre-FEED and FEED decision-making processes by evaluating the relative impact of discharges from different design options
- Compliance programmes with detailed evaluation of discharges (e.g. produced water, drill mud, cuttings, pipeline dewatering).
Our atmospheric dispersion modelling experience covers evaluation of a wide range of air quality impacts (oxides of nitrogen / sulphur, carbon monoxide, mercury vapour, hydrogen chloride vapour, odour), including the effects on dispersion from buildings and / or complex terrain. In addition, we have a strong pedigree in environmental noise prediction based on a choice of calculation methods from ISO 9613 to BS 5228, as well as a proven capability in underwater noise impact assessments across a range of activities.
Our current modelling software suite includes:
- SINTEF MEMW (OSCAR, DREAM / ParTrack)
- MixZon CORMIX
- CERC ADMS