Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
Environmental, health and social support services for your development planning and approval process.
Xodus Group specialists provide Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIAs) that comply with corporate, national and international requirements. We undertake ESIAs for projects across marine industries including oil and gas and renewables, as well as related industries such as pipeline systems, electricity interconnectors and ports / harbours. Our extensive knowledge covers a range of habitats from deepwater marine to desert environments and from the tropics to the Arctic.
Xodus offers uniquely integrated solutions for every project stage, backed up by our in-house expertise in wider engineering disciplines. Critically, we help clients to communicate effectively with stakeholders and communities, and we provide essential training to project teams, right down to the man on the ground. We ensure your ESIAs are fit-for-purpose for the size, location and complexity of the proposed project. We work on both greenfield and brownfield developments, meeting the needs for all our clients, large and small.
Our experts work closely with your project team to ensure their ownership, understanding and buy-in of key issues. This value-based approach to risk and impact reduction ensures environmental, health and social issues are fully integrated into the decision-making process. We use an intelligent front-end loaded methodology allowing identification, understanding and proportionate mitigation of environmental, social, health, legal, business and schedule risks. Our early involvement in a project can result in major schedule, cost, reputation and performance benefits during the later stages.
- Licence application support
- Baseline survey and interpretation
- Geographical information systems (GIS) and data management
- Constraints mapping, comparative assessment and site / concept selection
- Environmental issues identification (ENVID) workshops
- Screening and scoping
- Environmental, social and health impact assessments (ESHIA)
- Specialist technical studies (including dispersion and effects modelling)
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA)
- Habitat Regulations Assessment (HRA)
- Lender interface e.g. International Finance Corporation (IFC) and Equator Principles
- Stakeholder and community engagement planning and facilitation
- High-quality ESHIA reports, including in-house graphics / CAD capability
- Monitoring strategies and plans
- Environmental and social management plans and systems
- Awareness material, including web-based material and stakeholder handbooks
- Bridging documents, commitment registers and management plans
- Risk assessment and response planning
- Approval and consent applications
- High profile risk e.g. human rights /biodiversity
- Expert witness testimony and dispute resolution services
- Decommissioning programmes.