Management of erosion is a major challenge facing the hydrocarbons sector.
Sand production is increasing globally in ageing assets and the trend towards higher rate wells is pushing the limits in newer developments. At Xodus we have a long history of assessing and managing erosion problems. Our philosophy hinges around improving the accuracy of erosion predictions and links closely to our integrity and flow assurance capabilities. A better understanding of erosion permits relaxed production rate limits, safer operation and higher revenues.
Our experience includes:
- New build assessment – Xmas trees, chokes, manifolds, sand screens, downhole completions
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) erosion modelling and other erosion prediction methods
- Sand monitor and erosion probe sensitivity and placement studies
- Targeting and optimisation of Ultrasonic Thickness (UT) gauge inspections
- Assessment of erosion effects on the accuracy of flowmeters and other instrumentation
- Flow loop erosion testing
- Failure investigation
- Research and development
- Level 3 Fitness for Service Assessment
- Erosion-corrosion assessment
- Pipeline inspection
- Development of industry guidance documents.