Technical Integrity Assurance
Xodus helps organisations worldwide to achieve Technical Integrity Assurance to ensure that their people, processes and systems are fit-for-purpose.
Achieving Technical Integrity Assurance (TIA) demands that people are competent to manage, operate and maintain an asset and possess the ability to prevent hazardous situations escalating into uncontrollable events. It also requires processes and systems that assure the condition of hardware and the ability of systems to function in abnormal or emergency scenarios.
Xodus’ framework for technical integrity assurance
Organisations achieve TIA when their technical integrity status is transparent, asset integrity can be maintained and mitigation is managed and controlled.
Xodus helps organisations achieve this status through a TIA framework involving:
Technical gap analysis
Xodus independently reviews Asset Integrity Management Systems (AIMS) to establish operational readiness; if an organisation is effectively managing asset integrity and meeting regulatory requirements. We examine people, processes and practices, and systems and equipment, identify any ‘gaps’ and pinpoint opportunities for improvement. Periodic technical reviews ensure that gaps have been closed and improvements are sustainable.
For clients who need an impartial evaluation, or specialist expertise to supplement their own teams, Xodus provides technical support, drawing on experienced engineers and consultants from our global resources and integrated services to cover:
- Development of integrity management systems, strategies and procedures
- Technical studies
- Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) validation
- Area condition monitoring including site visits to observe fabric condition, plant and equipment and the working environment
- Quality assurance.
- Engineering: project compliance assessments, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), site assessments, environmental support including Best Available Technique (BAT) and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Major construction projects: critical path evaluation, critical systems and processes assessment / technical integrity assurance
- Operations: trend analysis, compliance
- Management of ageing assets and life extension: detection and evaluation of emerging trends, obsolescence, analysis and smart solutions.
Technical integrity audits
Our scope includes:
- Structural and welding
- Piping and corrosion
- PA and radio systems
- Drilling safety systems
- Safeguarding systems
- Environmental management system
- Strategies and critical processes
- Regulatory compliance.
Xodus’ audits equip clients with a clear understanding of their compliance status measured against internal targets and regulatory requirements. We help organisations to identify and address issues to prevent the avoidable costs that are inherently associated with failures.
Xodus’ services are geared to clients who wish to set Minimum Acceptable Standards (MAS) and who strive to be internationally recognised world-class performers. By engaging management teams and the workforce to continually improve their understanding of operational excellence, and through the use of formal detailed analysis, we provide:
- Development of key performance metrics
- Detailed analysis of current performance
- Gap analysis
- Establishment of MAS
- Ongoing technical support.
Xodus’ web-based applications support our TIA service.
The enhanced features of XMAINT give clients a high quality, cost-effective maintenance build. XMAINT provides a single, secure, multi-user development environment for CMMS data builds and maintenance reviews. Primarily developed to suit Maximo and SAP CMMSs, XMAINT can also be customised to suit other CMMSs… more ›
XRISK is a risk management tool developed by Xodus experts in technical safety and risk. XRISK collates and integrates data relating to risk assessments into a central risk register. It is used to generate controls, assign and track actions and create an auditable record. A powerful risk graph plots managed and unmanaged risks in terms of likelihood versus severity and displays the cost implications.
XRISK is characterised by clear, graphic visualisation of risk elements. Users with secure access to the system can set email alerts, access and control an action register, and can also generate reports… more ›