We help clients leverage the power of their operational data to improve process efficiency, minimise downtime and reduce maintenance interventions.
By integrating technical engineering expertise with in-depth knowledge of data visualisation software, Xodus create tools to help clients maximise the value of their existing operational data.
Intelligent Visualisation Tools – unlocking the value of data
Xodus has developed methods to maximise the value returned from the visual representation and use of real-time and historical data. Using our clients’ preferred visualisation software e.g. PI ProcessBook, PI Vision, P2 Explorer, Aspen Plant View, or PHD Uniformance, we distil vast quantities of data into readily accessible tools for pro-active monitoring and optimisation of facility or individual asset performance.
Our philosophy is to use the client’s existing data management and visualisation software to create real-time advanced process monitoring tools. We achieve this by embedding algorithms and correlations which mimic the solutions of expensive thermodynamic simulators.
Examples of tools which can be implemented using this method are:
- Advanced Compressor Performance Monitoring
- Heat Exchanger Performance Monitoring
- Dehydration System and Glycol Package Monitoring
- Virtual Metering for Process Systems
- Multiphase Virtual Metering Systems for Upstream
- Pump Performance Monitoring
- Event Management and Reporting
- Facility Start-Up and Benchmarking
Benefits of Advanced Monitoring Tools created in Data Visualisation Packages
- Make full use of your existing software investment
- Anticipate unscheduled maintenance and reduce downtime
- Reduce or eliminate dependency on expensive simulation tools
- Create consistency of data representation across the business
- Simplify total number of interfaces and software packages
- No additional IT or testing processes
- Relatively routine maintenance which can be performed in-house
- Modular build, low cost upgrades
- Build one tool, deploy it multiple times
- Advanced Compressor Performance Monitoring for Origin Energy's APLNG project... read the APPEA publication ›
- Virtual metering of the Varanus Island processing hub flare system for Quadrant (Apache) Energy
- Online monitoring of electric submersible pumps for Woodside Energy
- Glycol System Performance Monitoring Tool for Oil Search PNG
- Interactive process and subsea dashboards for Okha Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel… read the press release ›
- Facility-wide Exception Reporting and Surveillance Overview toolset for Woodside's North-West Shelf assets
- Online, real-time compositional tracking of dense phase FLAGS pipeline for Shell in the North Sea
Simulation as a Solution
We recognise that in many instances online process simulation may also be the most appropriate solution. Xodus has a team of experts with a strong track record of implementing complex simulation solutions onto live platforms. As part of our client-centred approach we focus on developing visual interfaces to simulations to allow non-expert user interaction and ‘what if’ analysis.
- Integrated production modelling for coal seam and shale gas projects
- Slug suppression via oil train level control and reciprocating compressor control
- Compressor control optimisation including the use of a Compressor Control Corporation (CCC) HYSYS extension
- Rigorous hydraulic and thermodynamic blowdown analysis of onshore and offshore facilities
- Over-pressurisation and Instrument Overpressure Protection System (IOPPS) analysis of process facilities
- Development of operator training systems
- Control solution for two platforms exporting oil to a common manifold
Xodus Group is the upstream oil and gas Implementation Service Provider (ISP) in Australia and New Zealand for AspenTech, the leading global supplier of process manufacturing software… more ›