Xodus Group provides world-leading consultancy support, ranging from individual studies to a fully integrated process safety assurance service.
Process safety is a key area in the upstream and downstream oil and gas industries. Prevention of loss of containment or equipment damage is critical given the outage and capital costs, and the escalation consequences of loss of containment.
There is no standard definition of process safety in the industry. Xodus sees process safety as being all of the elements of a process plant aimed at avoiding adverse deviations that could create equipment damage or loss of containment. We consider process safety to be a key element of the fault tree side of bow tie analysis. Working with mature assets we help to manage process integrity and process safety.
For new field developments we provide assurance that process safety requirements are delivered. Overall process safety is achieved by having well designed plant, clearly defined procedures and competent people all working effectively.
Process integrity information we deliver:
- Basis of design
- Process safeguarding design philosophies
- Process safeguarding flow schemes
- As-built Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- As-built cause and effects
- Alarm and trip schedules
- Loop diagrams
- Line lists
- Safe operating envelopes
- Operating procedures
- Alarm response procedures
- Process emergency response procedures
- Process models
- Process calculations
- High-Integrity Pressure Protection System (HIPPS) dossier
- Register of safety related devices
- Locked Open / Locked Closed (LO / LC) registers
- Hazardous / non-hazardous systems review
- Equipment data sheets
- Relief and blowdown review
- Containment performance standards and verification schemes.
- Critical assurance activities
- HP / LP interface review
- Hazard Operability (HAZOP) / process hazard analysis
- Design review / variance analysis
- Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Safety Integrity Level (SIL) assessment
- Test interval analysis
- HIPPS formal safety assessments
- Safeguarding reliability analysis / Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA)
- BS / EN / 61511 management of functional safety
- Verification of process containment safety critical elements
- Alarm prioritisation review
- Human factors review
- Process safety audit
- Commissioning and function testing / benchmarking.
- Critical support processes:
- Management of change
- Competence assurance
- Process simulator development
- Operator response training.