Xodus helps clients in the oil and gas industry to meet European Union Offshore Safety Directive (EU OSD) regulations by providing expertise in the numerous disciplines involved.
The European Union Offshore Safety Directive (EU OSD) introduces measures to improve and standardise the safety framework for the European offshore oil and gas industry.
These wide-ranging changes demand input from personnel in numerous disciplines. Xodus is uniquely placed to support clients during the transition to the new regulations by offering environment, technical safety, verification, integrity and maintenance, and safety management expertise integrated together under one roof.
Xodus personnel have attended meetings with the regulators and Oil & Gas UK throughout the process of developing the safety framework and have thorough knowledge of the changes. After an in-depth review of the regulations along with relevant guidance and templates we have identified where the requirements fit into a Safety Case.
As a first step we recommend operators carry out a Safety Case Gap Analysis to:
- Identify applicable regulatory requirements in relation to the Offshore Safety Case Regulations (OSCR) 2015 that are relevant to the installation
- Review the installation Safety Case and relevant key supporting documentation
- Determine if the applicable regulatory requirements that are relevant to the installation have been fully addressed within the Safety Case and key supporting documentation
- Identify areas for improvement or actions to be taken to fully address the OSCR 2015 regulatory requirements.
Xodus currently has a team of 80+ technical safety and environmental engineers throughout the UK. Drawing on this pool of experts, we have assembled a dedicated Safety Case support team of experienced individuals covering all the technical areas required. They can support you in determining and closing out gaps required by the OSCR 2015 regulations.
The experience of our team includes:
- MAH, MEH identification and assessment
- SCE/SECE identification
- Development of SCE/SECE performance standards and associated maintenance and inspection processes
- Setting and validation of availability and reliability targets
- Process safety and HAZOP
- Environmental impact assessments
- Environmental permits and consents
- EMS/SMS preparation and update
- Oil Pollution Emergency Plan (OPEP) development and revision including oil spill modelling
- Risk and decision management
- Human factors
- Occupational health.
Benefits of Safety Case Gap Analysis:
- Rapid identification of Asset Safety Case Requirements to meet OSCR 2015
- Prioritised ranking of key tasks and responsibilities
- Clear execution plan to meet OSCR 2015 submission date.