XAMIN – Asset Management and Integrity
Xodus Group’s integrity management software tool, XAMIN (Xodus Asset Management and Integrity Network) was initially developed to provide high-level services for major oil and gas operators in the North Sea.
The tool was well received from within the sector and an opportunity was identified to adapt the XAMIN system for the renewables industry.
XAMIN can now provide operational integrity management for offshore wind, structures and cabling. It can be used to log integrity anomalies, monitor corrosion and identify actions to be taken during subsequent inspections and maintenance operations in the field.
As a lifecycle asset tool, we believe XAMIN will benefit small renewable projects which can capture design, installation, testing, operating, inspection and decommissioning information in a single system. This will reduce data losses, increase efficiency of data access, improve visibility of integrity issues and importantly for developing technology, allow issues to be identified quicker.
XAMIN allows operators to capture design, installation, testing, operating, inspection and decommissioning information in a single system; reducing data losses, increasing efficiency of access and improving visibility of integrity issues. It is built around an asset hierarchy, allowing all data to be tagged to the appropriate component, which allows cross referencing. Within the operational phase XAMIN can collate all information being measured on the asset and cross reference to allow a complete picture of operability and integrity to be viewed. Once collated, data can be used to benchmark design assumptions and reduce safety margins or increase field life.
XAMIN can adapt to work with the functionality and requirements of each individual asset. It can be developed to fit with the processes of the company that requests it rather than forcing engineers to adapt their methods to fit within rigid software.
XAMIN Functionality at a glance
- Data management – Design, installation, testing, operating, inspection, repair and spares
- KPI dashboarding – Metocean, availability, HSE, performance and others as required
- Asset condition and interrogation tool – Integrity status, inspection status, anomaly status, operating status and others as required
- Risk based inspection scheduling – Live system removing the requirement for annual documentation updates
- Integrated workpack creation – Generating workpacks within the system
- Direct capture of inspection results – Allowing the inspection contractor to input results direct to XAMIN avoiding data loss and double handling and decreasing time between inspection and assessment of results
- Anomaly management – Creation, assessment and ranking of anomalies cross referenced against each component. Anomaly heat maps allowing hot spots of low level issues to be identified before escalation
- Condition monitoring – Operational performance via design which allows increase of operating limits, increase of inspection frequencies or extension of allowable life